We have a chick *picture added* odd "bubble" on neck

If its the same thing that was on my chick, Our chick is doing fine. His wing is still kind of a concern because he holds it kind of different but, he can fly and he doesn't act like it hurts when i cuddle him.

This was a chick that pipped and then started getting weaker instead of stronger, after opening up hatch-brother that died in shell , I helped this little guy out, He wouldn't have made it at all
his cord was wrapped around the top of his head, and wound his wing, His beak when I opened him up was 1/4th inch away from the shell, and he bled a bit I thought he was a gonner, I used my blow dryer on his bottom to help dry up the bleeding, I had to cut the cord to get him out of the egg. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, it was a Hail Mary in hopes of getting this one out alive.
93425_mom_iphone_024.jpg

93425_mom_iphone_026.jpg

but, he is doing fine, he didnt have a bubble with different looking feathers, but defiantly was originally misinformed, which he grew out of.

I wish you the best with your chicky chick, and sorry about the others.

I use white thread to tie off cords before I cut them. Prevents bleeding if I help them out. I also peel off the hard shell so only membrame left it is easier to keep them from kicking it off and breaking cords before I tie them off.

Thank you for the replies. He is a bit stronger today, but still not up and moving like I expected him to be. I am getting fluids in him, he is able to control his head more this morning, and the volume on his head has reduced some. I did manual manipulation last night to help massage the air/fluid back away from it's head. Put the baby right to sleep, and seems to have helped.

I guess time will tell, I have hatched dozens of call ducks that everyone warned were super hard to hatch, so hoping I can keep this peachick improving. The losses in this hatch were disappointing, but I am realistic with hatches and know not everyone in lockdown will hatch.

Shellie

hugs.gif

If you are able to get water into him, you might try also adding some pedialyte or some other unflavored simple electrolyte water instead... might give him a bit of energy along with the hydration. Hope he continues to do better!

Quote:
He is getting a 50/50 blen of room temp water and unflavored Pedialite as well. I have blended game bird starter into babyhood consistency also so I can offer him some every 3-4 hours with water every hour on the hour if not sooner. Just made him a soft cup to sit in out of a soft cloth rolled up. This way he can rest but also get use to his legs being under him too.

Keep the suggestions coming, he is a fighter so I am willing to concider it all and do what it takes as long as he seems strong and wanting to keep going.

Shellie

All the excess what ever that was under the skin is going down dramatically today. He can now hold hs head up and stand! His toes need to uncurl, but he is getting stronger and active.

Back
Top Bottom