We have come up with an idea for shipping eggs in winter or summer

fowlrus

Songster
11 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Schertz TX
old.gif
This is working out great for us, if anything, this will give you some idea how to combat the temperture for shipping eggs.
We are well known for our good packing, but when comes to temp control, it's a diffirent battle all together.
So far this is the best way that works, besides using styrafoam ice chest (which it's costly). this foam kept eggs from heat/cold and rough handling, you just stuck your eggs in the hole, wala! Done.
Years ago, I had seen foam egg container for quail, but can never find it again, so we came up with this. If any one know a place to get it, please let me know. Because this is home made, it works but just not as polished. Our store can make it for us, but it cost an arm and the leg, you can also order from U.K but no one will ship to US.
hu.gif

Check this out:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=366655

I have seen similar items being used, but have no idea where sellers got them. They do work great as far as protecting eggs from temperature extremes and cracking, but still is not an answer for loose air cells and detached membranes. I know, I received a box of eggs in which the seller used something very similar and had problems with both these issues. Luckily, I still had a good hatch at 50%.

Back
Top Bottom