We have movement!!! Day 6

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NoVA Chicks, Sep 10, 2009.

1. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    This is day 6 and we have definite movement in one of the eggs! I'm so excited. :) I just took video and posted it to our blog at http://oureggs.blogspot.com.

Of course now my problem is going to be what to do if only one of the eggs makes it. I see an emergency run to a farm in my near feature. :)
  2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Woot!! That's excellent! I [​IMG] candling. If it were that easy to see a developing human embryo, I would probably have a dozen children, just so I could watch them grow inside my belly. [​IMG]
  3. Kiwi Chicky

Kiwi Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Te Awamutu, NZ
    That vid is soooo cool!! We never watched ours long enough, hubby always too scared they'll be out of the incy too long [​IMG]
  4. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Awesome NoVa!! I'm on day 6 as well. 11 were moving and the 12th had a definate bloodring. This is my first hatch. How exciting though!!! I just think it's amazing to actually watch the babies grown and "swim" around in the eggs.
  5. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Ah, so that is why my embies disapeared on me. Great video! Thanks for sharing [​IMG]
  6. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Yup, the urge to just stand there and watch the little guy swim around is almost overwhelming. You know, I have the horrible premonition that this is a little guy and he's going to end up just another pet--like the four dogs and three cats we already have. [​IMG] Right now, though, I don't care. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by