We have our FIRST EGGS!!!!

There around 20 weeks Old. I hear ee’s take forever to start laying.
Actually, though internet wisdom typically suggests 7 months or more before they lay, anecdotal evidence seems to suggest around 20 weeks. So...... :fl You might be very close! I guess it really depends on their particular version of "mutt" :lol:

Have yours gotten red faces and squatted yet? That was a definite sign with my girls that just now started laying.

Actually, though internet wisdom typically suggests 7 months or more before they lay, anecdotal evidence seems to suggest around 20 weeks. So...... :fl You might be very close! I guess it really depends on their particular version of "mutt" :lol:

Have yours gotten red faces and squatted yet? That was a definite sign with my girls that just now started laying.
I hope your right. Like you say, the internets telling me it won’t be until octoberish. A couple do have bright red combs, haven’t gotten any squats yet. But I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone! I'm such a proud chickie mama!! :celebrate

@Newchickymama37 What about the dark Speckles? Is that just a fluke or will Babette always lay speckled eggs? I didn't expect that at all but I was so happy to see it because I LOVE speckled eggs.

We have two Dominique hens and one lays red speckled eggs since her first egg. They're a little over a year now.

Welcome and congrats on your first eggs!

Back
Top Bottom