We just accidentally ordered from The Chick Hatchery. Anyone have experience with them?

The Poultry Hatchery uses other

The a Poultry Hatchery is a Dropbox Shipper. Check the USPS Tracking origination state that their orders ship from. You will learn a lot more.

I'll have to ask him. I talk to him regularly. From what I remember, the chicks came from NY and he is in NY. I've talked to him on the phone. Sure he could be lying to me. But he told me personally that he started his farm and went into all the details about selling goods and chicks himself. Maybe he doesn't have all the breeds advertised at his farm and gets some of them from other places. If he wasn't lying to me, then he has chicks of his own on his farm. But I'll send him a message now and see what he says. Thanks for the tip.

I think I missed a post earlier. If The Chick Hatchery did believe that The Poultry Hatchery went out of business permanently, that also changes my opinion on the purchase of the domain name. Although I think it would be kind, smart, and good PR to let The Poultry Hatchery buy it back at no markup.

He absolutely DID NOT go out of business. Usually if someone's website is down or gone, the next best place to check is FB. FB is basically an alternate website nowadays. Many people use FB in place of an actual .com site. Granted, in the business world to be taken seriously, you need to have both. But I went to his FB page and he had explained that he was working on all sorts of updates and everything would be back online March 1, 2019. So it was clear he was not out of business. He just should never have let his domain expire. That's 100% his fault.

So I know this was well after the original post (as in like a year) but I did want to say that I ordered from the Chick Hatchery this year and had a great experience. Just in case anyone comes upon this thread looking for info on them, I ordered 5 chicks, they sent me 6, and all are doing great. Like they say in their info on google, they do ship from different locations/hatcheries. Mine came from Missouri and showed up next day in Crown Point, Indiana. Customer service was great, prices were great. Very pleased with this company.

Our first batch of chicks came on June 1, 2018 from The Poultry Hatchery in NY. They were highly recommended by many experienced friends around the US who have raised chickens. We had a great experience with them and planned to get more this year. They have been reworking their website and were set to launch on March 1st: TODAY!

So we waited patiently until this morning, gathered everyone around the computer, got on the newly refreshed website, and found the breeds we wanted. Everything looked right as the first time, and all of the same breeds were there. After we placed our order, we watched a video on the side bar about a woman who mentioned her chicks came from Michigan. I found it odd that our NY hatchery would promote a video about another hatchery instead of their own. That's when I noticed the address of this new website: Michigan. WHAT!?!? Maybe The Poultry Hatchery moved?

I was duped. This new place is called The Chick Hatchery. The light bulb never went off when I saw the refreshed page with what I thought was a new logo and possible new name. Now after some digging, it seems that while ThePoultryHatchery.com's website was down, The Chick Hatchery must've purchased it and redirected all of their business to TheChickHatchery.com. I initially was given an error message when clicking on the link directly from The Poultry Hatchery's Facebook page. The error message asks you to RELOAD the page, and when you do, it takes you over to The Chick Hatchery's main page. Very shady in the name of competition.

So our order has been placed. I don't know anything about this place, nor do I know if it is similarly recommended as much as the Poultry Hatchery. I liked that the chicks were coming to us in PA from up above in NY. Now they'll be coming from MI. Doubt that matters much as they should be kept heated during transport.

Please fill me in with what you know. I'm very upset that I missed this and made this mistake.
I just got

Wanted to chime in here in case anyone checks out the thread. I ordered guinea keets. They shipped the a month and a half early with ZERO warning. I had to cancel a planned trip so I would be home when they arrived. 90% of my order was the wrong color. They sent white keets. I never order white keets due to heavy predation. Two keets died within hours of arrival. The remaining have no interest in eating or drinking. Their phone number refers you to email. NEVER AGAIN.

Just picked up my order of Bantam cochins from them this morning. I noticed my 15 chicks were very quiet...only one of the 15 survived the trip. The smell was absolutely horrendous.

He is. It might take time. He mentioned not being able to ship chicks for a few more months. Of course that could always change and he might ship sooner. Right now he was only allowing people to come to his farm to pick up chicks in person. But that was probably 3 weeks ago. I have not followed up with him on what he's doing currently. I'm sure you could ask him on FB. That's how I was able to chat with him. Thanks for asking and good luck. Next year I'll be ordering from him again just based on the fact that I feel bad supporting someone who is into stealing other people's websites. Luckily for us it all went smooth and the chicks are healthy so far. Fingers crossed it remains this way.
Hi I just looked up reviews on the chick hatcher because I placed an order a few days ago for some pullets and then I tried to email them to ask a question and they don’t reply. I called and they said that they have a lot of orders and they’re very busy so please just email any questions but so far two days have gone by and they haven’t emailed me. So that’s why I searched reviews and I found this thread. Did you have any trouble communicating with them or getting a call back?

Back
Top Bottom