We love Quail

thanks everyone for the warm welcom. I am having issues raising the humidity in my home made (converted aquarium) incubator. I finally got the temp. stable but the humidity is sitting at 40%. I have a shallow bowl (with rocks in it) of water, added salt as per another thread, added a wet sponge as per another thread but that only got me to 40% (I was at 35%). Any suggestions? add more sponges? eggs don't arrive until tomorrow so I have some time to hopefully figure it out.
I tend to find soaked washcloths laid out works extremely well. :) Hope that helps!

wow I guess my instinct was right. I used some of the microfibre inserts from our cloth diapers (similar to washcloths) & finally have perfect conditions that have been holding all day :)

the kids are maintaining optimal conditions :); we had 1 oops when our cat jumped on top, shifting the towel & plugging the vent hole that made the temp go up for 1/2 hr but hopefully not bad enough to effect the eggs on day 1 (I've since duck taped the blanket in place)...if non hatch we will simply break some open, purchase a few chicks locally to tell our son "look what hatched" then mail order in a new batch. But I hope they do come along. Even my husband talks to them when he passes by

Back
Top Bottom