We made our own egg-u-bator! eggs in 9:40am 3/13, THEY HATCHED!!!!!

raimnel

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 26, 2009
in Wisconsin somewhere
You'll see questions I hade here and there, cause this thread was titled differently. But now pg2 you'll find the new topic
big_smile.png

pc fan? This one makes noise and vibrates the incubator, is that a problem for the eggs, or will it more likely drive me crasy?

How to make a water wiggler? I can't find one any where.

that's it for now! Thanks

and to be sure...........
Temps 99.5 water wiggler, air 100*
Humidity under 50% days 1-18
80% there after
eggs in egg carton big end up tilted at 45* angle back and forth 3 times a day till day 18.
Then take them out of carton and lay the in/on maybe coffee filters to hatch on????

Edited for spelling and to add more. :O)

Last edited:
I hope the fan noise and vibration aren't a problem. I am on lockdown with my new homemade bator.. as far as the water wiggler, have you checked Wal-mart in the party supplies? I think that is where other folks on here said they found them.

Last edited:
Drop a dab of any kind of lube or oil on the hub of the fan, the noise will stop. take a zip lock freezer bag 1/4 filled with water, squeeze out the excess air and tape the sensor to the inside of it and roll the bag around it and tape it to hold it intact. then you have a water wiggler.

AL

AHHH haaa! great ideas! Double DUHHHH!
lau.gif
I think it's to late for using my noodle!

Hey whats the thought on using the thermostate from a water bed? has a dial, a plug in for the light. Turn the dial and the light will go off. But the top temp is 100*??? It's not yet tested in ours yet that's tomorrows plan

Ok so I turned the water bed thermostate on, light is on it's heating up, it's at 80. oh I forgot I don't have the 25w bulb in there yet. I have to buy one. theres a 15w in there. I have added no water yet, but I did calabrate the hydrometer last night and it's only 1% off YAH!
My sweet father and Husband are totally enabelers!! SWEET! I said 2 days ago that I wanted an incubator and WALA! I have one. AND my sweet father found me the cooler AND get this a PINK PC fan with LIGHTS! Double SWEET!
big_smile.png
so far the money that we spent so far is 9 bucks for the hydrometer/thermometer. I do have things to buy to day maybe $20 worth, like PURPLE duct tape!
big_smile.png
. thissees like the face that I've been giving my father and husband all yesterday!
big_smile.png
specialy when I would tell them to move it move it move it! Well they were just standing there talking! And they say women are bad! (I don't know who "they" are)
lol.png

Water bed thermostate didn't work.
Bought a new thermostate from Menards ($8)
Pink fan died. found a different one.
I have a 25w bulb and it's only at 90 and doesn't seem to be getting warmer??? Sould I go to a 40w?
Do I have to big of air flow holes? maybe 1/2 inch ones at the bottom. should I plug 2? I have 4.
AAAHHHH and I wanted to start these little buggers.
Oh well I'll get Easter babies now.

I use a forty watt buld and I keep two holes plugged until close to the end usually on top and one bottom. My cooler bator seems to hatch around 95 to 98 percent love it I hope yours works great also. jeff

Back
Top Bottom