We need feed help!!

ronjsteele1

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Hi,

We have had chickens for 5yrs with no trouble feeding them. We use an organic mix of grains, food scraps, and they free range 8mos. out of the year. We have a total of 24 chickens. 10 golden sexlinks, 2 brahmas, 4 auracanas, 1 australorp, 6 road island reds, and one black sexlink.

All of a sudden these guys are refusing to eat our feed! We have never had this happen before. We've used the same feed mix forever. The golden sexlinks have only been with us about 12 weeks but they are now the only ones basically laying. Everyone else seems to be on strike. :/ Can anyone give me any ideas to look at/check for why these guys are refusing to eat our feed now? Spring is here and they are grazing in a 1/4 acre old garden area but there is no more vegetation left in there to speak of. Some, but not enough for 24 chickens! We won't start free ranging them on our place for another 3 weeks or so.

Any ideas? Thank you!

I seem to be having the same problem with my 4/5 month old stag and my 6 month stag (which is new and under weight from previous owner!) my hen on other hand is very good as he finishes her food. Saying that she dont eat eggs anymore and as for my young stags they dont eat much at all . If you get any suggestions i could do with the help too thanks . Btw my feed consist of sunflower seeds corn and wheat . I tries giving them eggs but there not to keen on them . I need to know what i can do to fatten them up

Back
Top Bottom