We Quit Cigarettes

not yet DH may have messed that up. this afternoon he told me he was going to work at 7pm and may be working nights until who knows when. I don't want to leave DD home alone all night yet and that is when they need people (DH had a day job)
I am just in a bad mood, today was my birthday and I didn't even get a homemade cupcake.
And had no idea DH was going to work tonight until about 3pm (pitty party at my house)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Ursuline Chick !! 63 years young tho! :celebrate:thumbsup

If we could leave sin, praying, and God out of this, it would be a lot more helpful to me. The way this was written implies in a way that humans are weak and it is up to a higher power to help you quit. I much prefer to exercise an internal locus of control. It Isn't God's fault I picked up a bad habit of smoking, surely.
I like what you said about God not being a part of your starting the habit in the first place -
I think it's about right vs. wrong, it's good for all of us to quit the bad and chase the good!
Having grown up as the kid of an ex-Marine I think I can safely agree with this Dwight Schrute meme:
1584933421655.png

not yet DH may have messed that up. this afternoon he told me he was going to work at 7pm and may be working nights until who knows when. I don't want to leave DD home alone all night yet and that is when they need people (DH had a day job)
I am just in a bad mood, today was my birthday and I didn't even get a homemade cupcake.
And had no idea DH was going to work tonight until about 3pm (pitty party at my house)
Happy birthday, Ursuline Chick! Your present? A hug: :hugs
And a cute picture:
DSC_5268.JPG

Baby Zapraska says "happy birthday!"
How goes the quitting?

Last edited:
I had pita chips earlier, too
And
I just had sabra hummas and now I feel GOOD :duc
Okay, so here's my pantry experiment that Really tasted good on 1st try.

A) Pace mild picante salsa ~1/2 cup
B) A heeping tsp of Curry powder (not just turmeric like previous posts)
C) a whole avacado

Mooshed all together

Also tasted good with Hummus as well.

Scooped out with Kroger's Kick O'lime seasoned tortillas

Will be trying it on eggs next

And for a semi-desert treat
25/75 Nutella & PB or almond butter on tortillas

Okay, so here's my pantry experiment that Really tasted good on 1st try.

A) Pace mild picante salsa ~1/2 cup
B) A heeping tsp of Curry powder (not just turmeric like previous posts)
C) a whole avacado

Mooshed all together

Also tasted good with Hummus as well.
That sounds pretty good! Hm... maybe I'll try it if I can get my hands on an avocado....

Okay, I'm going to bed now. Great job on making it through another day, everyone! Best of luck to all of you, and I hope that you all get a good night's sleep.
Remember, even if you slipped and smoked, you can still try -- don't give up! Slip and fall, pick yourself up, and keep going until you win! Keep it up, everybody!
Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the poultry bite, er, peck. Sweet dreams, and see you guys tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom