We Quit Cigarettes

Had a fairly good day, spent some time with kids getting them some sunshine and fresh air at the farm today.
I found an interesting artifact (place sits on top of an old native American settlement) that I can't identify. A little green granite stone, nearly perfect circle shape with uniform thickness all the way around. It's maybe the size of a nickel, but thicker. I have been puzzling over that and doing some research. Have not found an answer as to what it is yet, possibly a game piece.
@ShannonR I want to know what it is, sounds like something of archaeological importance.
maybe it's worth a lot of money and you are now a millionaire !!!!!!!
For real I would like to know what you find out about it. Thanks :highfive:

I found an interesting artifact (place sits on top of an old native American settlement) that I can't identify. A little green granite stone, nearly perfect circle shape with uniform thickness all the way around. It's maybe the size of a nickel, but thicker. I have been puzzling over that and doing some research. Have not found an answer as to what it is yet, possibly a game piece.
Pics? ...with a quarter for scale?...Please?

Had a fairly good day, spent some time with kids getting them some sunshine and fresh air at the farm today.

Yes, please post a picture.

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday!
Best of luck to all you quitters -- try your best, pick yourself up when you slip, and never give up. You can do this. Keep it up, and you will. You will win! So good luck, and if you're having a bad time, then here::hugs
Hang in there, everybody, and stay safe!

Pics? ...with a quarter for scale?...Please?
Yes, please post a picture.
I left it up at the farm, I will get more pictures with something for scale when I am up there again. It is about as big aroubd as a nickel, I'd say.

Here is a bad pic in bad lighting.

Attachments

• 44246.jpeg
    44246.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 10
I would love to know what it is or what purpose it held. It is a great piece regardless :pop
Have a message in to a tribal member who has some archaeological training. Same tribe. He usually knows what things are.... sometimes he will pick something up off the ground out there and recognize it as a hide scraper tool or whatever. The less obvious tools sometimes totally escape me. He never DID tell me what the stone ball was, though!!

How cool is that!! I love that kind of thing. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom