We Quit Cigarettes

That's pretty awful. Especially is you love tomatoes! Tomato plants are not something I've grown for a long time.

I'm trying to clear the house of some of it's food and we've had tomato juice sitting, waiting for someone to open it. Vitamin C is the only thing I can see that I'm not ingesting because I never been a fan of organ meats. Beef liver (and likely other liver contain Vit C) So I drank 1/3 of a glass. I have close to the same reaction as you except my skin splits instead of developing small blisters. My hands are "almost" healed now...a couple of days later. They just look wrinkly and nasty until they're completely healed. :gig(That'll teach me!)

Edit to add: This also affects my lips the same way. Everyone thinks it has to do with washing my hands...but I am not washing my lips. :lau

View attachment 2037291View attachment 2037290
The tomatoes don't bother me at all. I can handle the tomatoes or any tomato products without any problem. It is the plants and the leaves which hurt my hands.

Liver is known to be a source for vitamin A. It is claimed that polar bear liver should not be consumed because it can contain toxic levels of vitamin A.

Sorry about your hands. My father's hands would split and crack. I was never told if there was a reason for it happening. His would crack and split along the creases.

It's done...I am about to get comfy in bed with my book now.

:celebrate. It almost seems like I've forgotten about smoking all together now.
If you enjoy a good thriller/horror read this would be a good time to read (reread) "The Stand" by Stephen King. That book scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger. I'm still terrified at the thought of a pandemic occurence.

If you enjoy a good thriller/horror read this would be a good time to read (reread) "The Stand" by Stephen King. That book scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger. I'm still terrified at the thought of a pandemic occurence.
Rats.
They are the only thing that scare me.

Oh and driving on the freeway in the rain... although I'm starting to not be as scared.

I don't think I'm going to make it today.
I have two cigarettes stashed and I'm almost ready to go take one drag.
I feel like I can start over tomorrow.
I feel like I'm torturing myself. :barnie

This is getting a little ridiculous.

I keep telling myself if I can make it one whole day then I'll have the worst behind me.
Every time you get the urge to smoke, take deep slow breaths. Three to five deep breaths will do wonders to stop the cravings. I quit years ago, started again, quit again. Too stressful on my heart. Have had five stints and don't want any more. What smoking does to your heart is not something a lot of people think about. The emphasis is always on the lungs, but it's just as hard on your heart. You can do this. Hang in there and don't give in!

Also I gotta watch what I read right now.
I will end up dreaming about it and that might not be too good.

Back
Top Bottom