We Quit Cigarettes

Thank you for telling me that story. You are a very special person. You have helped me several times.

I am not a particularly religious person - spiritual yes, but organized religion - nope. Every time that I have needed guidance/help it has appeared. It is my honor and responsibility to be able to try to pass on hope/help to those in need. "There are no coincidences - only providences."

Kathy, the Princess and I are blessed indeed. We have had a wonderful life together - still hoping for more time together.

Last edited:
Post #7108 on iirc page 710 I posted a pic of my dinner.
For the beverage I - in hindsight - may have used poor choice of phrase?
I'm by nature not one to normally consume alcohol. So the phrase I used was 'mixed drink' as I listed all the ingredients in the "drink" as I do add water to stuff when doing concentrate or powders or my morning anti-inflammatory drink....

To be technical, at most I might have up to an equivalent of a 6 pack in any given year. For historical perspective, over the last decade we were a foster-to-adopt home and as such the rules regarding alcohol were super easy for us to live with given my previous history of such low usage.

Thoughts on editing or leaving as is and moving on?
Leave it as it is! You do not have a problem with alcohol. There's no reason to change it. Unless it makes you feel uncomfortable!

I took the damn pill on an empty stomach and laid down.
Guess who is regretting it big time right now.

I have that wanting to puke feeling.
You may want to get a bottle (vitamin) of Betaine HCL. As we age out gut doesn't produce as much stomach acid as it used to so the 'acid indigestion' for the most part isn't over active as it is not enough to do the job. Think too much acid vapor too little liquid in the tank.

My Better-half was reading about it over a decade ago and so, now... We have a bottle handy so, every now and then.... When needed. Sometimes before and sometimes after a meal....

Basically from a chemistry 101 POV the HCL is the base ingredient that the stomach will use to create the liquid necessary for the stomach to function correctly.

Think about this side note.... The stoma ha job is to break stuff down for itself & the two intestines to take in nutrients that their design to extract from the food. Well if you take an anti-acid your effectively telling the intestines: "Stomachs being shutdown for not having enough acid so y'all get to work double OT just to try to make ends meet. Got it? Good. Here comes the Tums!"

I realize all this doesn't help your tummy right now, sorry Kiki. Milk & yogurts should help sooth it some in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom