We Quit Cigarettes

20+ years and counting. Lovin every minute of it. Recently got my weight back down where it should be at too, so... and its a hard reset on the weight too so...life is good.

Besides all the health issues, just the money you pay, that you are not paying anymore should make you feel good about quitting the tobacco.

WHen I first started chewing tobacco, a can of copenhagen / skoal was 59 cents. Now it's like 5 dollars or so? yah, so glad I quit that, The damage is done to my dental, there is no reversing that but at least it's not getting worse, or the pre cancerous lesions i was getting.

aaron

April, 2010, was my quit date so ... 12+ years. I don't miss it, I never even think about it. It's like I never smoked. I'm just so glad to be FREE. What a stinkin' waste of time and money. Thank You, Jesus, for setting me free. I never could have done it on my own. I know because I'd tried and failed for 17 years. Anybody wants to know my method, pm me. I'll share!

So how does it feel
2 years & 6 months so far,
Care to share update?
@Kiki ???

Anyone else on this trek to quit & recover from your chosen topic want to share your update as well???
It doesn't seem real. I can't believe I was so nasty for so long.

I have ZERO desire to smoke. I never crave to at all.

I win.

All of us doing the rah rah dance here, one problem I have seen is.
MANY people, when they kick the habit, and it's sticking, suddenly get VERY self righteous and get a s41tty attitude towards others who are still smoking / drinking / whatever, like it was THEIR fault YOU were hooked or something, or now you have to save the world.

Don't be that person.

Don't start lecturing them.
Don't start belittling them.
Don't start talking bad about them.

and unless that is the only way YOU can control YOUR demon, don't stop hanging around with all your smoking buddies because 'they still smoke' either. Remember how many times you thought about it (ONLY THOUGHT you didn't have the courage to quit yet)

Offer help, advice if asked for but don't be a d-bag about it.

I can look at tobacco today and want absolutely NO part of it, but it took probably 3 to 5 years for that. oh man, I remember what that taste like, and it's like a little dopamine hit went off way in the background somewhere, and a fleeting craving hit for a moment or two.

It takes time. If you've made it this far, you are well on your way to being off for good, oh and ps, you will have dreams about using tobacco products, sometimes crazy ones.. it's a demon, it will try all kinds of tricks to get back into your life.

Don't let it

aaron

Back
Top Bottom