We were given two chooks and a tractor!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Waaaaaaaay faster than me! (It's not enormously difficult to be faster than me, but still...)

One of them's very shrieky in the morning. We've tried explaining that we have neighbours but no luck so far. It's almost like she's trying to harness her inner rooster. Not entirely sure if there's anything we can do about that...nothing seems to distract her.
Is Shelley the one being noisy, mine do that when they are getting broody.

I think my 6 hens love to confuse us, some days they all get noisy & sing the egg song even if they are not laying.

Waaaaaaaay faster than me! (It's not enormously difficult to be faster than me, but still...)

One of them's very shrieky in the morning. We've tried explaining that we have neighbours but no luck so far. It's almost like she's trying to harness her inner rooster. Not entirely sure if there's anything we can do about that...nothing seems to distract her.

LOL..."she's trying to harness her inner rooster". Are you sure she isn't a roo?

We have found some breeds to be louder than others. One reason we included 3 Black Australorps in our mixed flock was because they are supposedly "quiet" birds. Apparently no one told our girls. They are the loudest birds we have, when they want out of the coop in the morning, it's deafening. When they lay, their egg song is heard from any point on our 2 acres. Every once in a while DH rolls his eyes at me and says, "So, those are the quiet chickens? Right!".

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from Australia! Please ask any questions you may have, we're happy to help. I t sounds to me like you are a normal chicken owner, yes, most of us face these problems daily! I have a very smart and cunning cackly chicken as well!

The broody one (Shelley) is pretty quiet, even when she's swearing at us she's ladylike about it. Henrietta, though. Crikey, she really lets rip! (If she is in fact a rooster then she's the world's first egg-laying rooster.) (In which case she could be quite valuable! She's a miracle! I could sell her for thousands! Millions! Hundreds, even!)

We'll bribe the closest neighbours with eggs, and try to get an idea from them how they're feeling about it. On the plus side they're elderly and have bad hearing!

The broody one (Shelley) is pretty quiet, even when she's swearing at us she's ladylike about it. Henrietta, though. Crikey, she really lets rip! (If she is in fact a rooster then she's the world's first egg-laying rooster.) (In which case she could be quite valuable! She's a miracle! I could sell her for thousands! Millions! Hundreds, even!)

We'll bribe the closest neighbours with eggs, and try to get an idea from them how they're feeling about it. On the plus side they're elderly and have bad hearing!

LOL, if you have an egg-laying rooster, I want one of his/her eggs to incubate!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom