We will miss you Deerman

So So sad to hear of his passing. He helped me alot. He was a great teacher and mentor for many on BYC. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I know Burt is in Heaven now. I will miss him. Shawn

My heart just ran through quite a few emotions. So sad he is gone, as so many will miss him; anger that once again cancer won; sorrowful joy that he is no longer suffering. He fought a good hard fight with rarely a complaint about it. We could all learn from his example.

This is really a loss for all of us here, and pea lovers everywhere.
I am new here and didn't know Burt as well as many of you, but I have learned so much from his long experience with, and his careful observations about, peas.
All of my best to his family.

Burt,

I know there's no tears allowed in Heaven.
But if it's all the same to you,
I think your friends here need to shed a few.

You were my friend. My good friend. Me and you, we made
each other laugh. It always seemed that here was just a handful
of us in that group. The closest of friends. All those silly jokes.

Just a page or so back, Sour George said he wished he could of
met your in real life. I think I would of liked that too.

I saw this post earlier today. And I had to go outside. I'm glad it was
raining. Kind of hid the tears.

Our time of knowing each other was way too short. But you can bet...

I'll never forget you.

Your Friend,
Spookwriter

I keep alternating between pain and such deep anger at the loss of another person that i cared for to this EVIL disease cancer.
Why cant they find a cure?

I keep alternating between pain and such deep anger at the loss of another person that i cared for to this EVIL disease cancer.
Why cant they find a cure?
That is a complicated answer Red. Cancer has many forms and takes many shapes. Often when one is identified, it has already morphed into another. And then another. And then finally one that cannot be stopped. Cancer is an evil machine. Remember the movie The Terminator? Cancer is like that robot - only the lucky survive. I hate it.

I think my heart is broken. Burt became a good friend to me over the past year. We would chat about just about anything. I know he would no want us to be sad. He would crack a joke or post a funny picture to cheer us up. I don't know how not to be sad right now.

I hope heaven is full of redheaded angels and all of the cornbread (unsweetened of course) you can eat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom