Weak baby chick, drinking but not eating?

henroo_101

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2022
I have a (maybe) 3 day old barred rock baby chick that seems to be behind compared to the 8 other chicks. I just got them from Tractor Supply yesterday, and treated her for pasty butt this morning.
She’s not running around, and is constantly sleeping. She just kind of stands there and goes sleep with her head down, occasionally goes to get water, but she’s not eating. I’m worried she’s too weak to eat right now.
I’m thinking of giving her some raw egg yolk and Nutridrench to see if that will help, seeing as it really can’t hurt, right?
How much Nutridrench should I give her directly?
I also have electrolytes in their water, and she’s drinking that, so can I still give the egg yolk and Nutridrench?
I don’t want to separate her, simply because I don’t have another place/brooder I can set up inside. But, the other chicks seems to trample her a bit and she doesn’t hang out with the others very much.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
She’s the barred rock in the pic, not a turken
image.jpg

Give her 2-3 drops of poultry nutri-drench twice day. Make sure she's drinking her water too, if not syringe drops of plain water into her.

Wet soupy chick feed would be good to give.

How much space do they have in the brooder, it's hard to tell by the photo and red light. Make sure they are not overheating.
If she's getting trampled, then ensure they have plenty of space or move her. Use a heating pad to make a cave for her, but make her box large enough to hold some food/water and so she can move around.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update.956958/

Give her 2-3 drops of poultry nutri-drench twice day. Make sure she's drinking her water too, if not syringe drops of plain water into her.

Wet soupy chick feed would be good to give.

How much space do they have in the brooder, it's hard to tell by the photo and red light. Make sure they are not overheating.
If she's getting trampled, then ensure they have plenty of space or move her. Use a heating pad to make a cave for her, but make her box large enough to hold some food/water and so she can move around.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update.956958/
Sadly she passed away this morning, she seized in my hands. As of now they’re in a 19” x 21” (I think, it’s the medium sized dog crate) crate right now. I do have a bigger one if I need to move them into it while they’re still so little if that’s no enough room.

Back
Top Bottom