Weak but fighting need advice please

cmccullough1390

Songster
Jun 28, 2016
Humboldt county, California
Ok right now we're sad and having a hard time Calsifer one of my EE chicks that's 3 days old is weak won't eat or drink. I don't want to lose her she was good the first day and had some personality hence her name... I only just got her to drink by mixing water chick start ground to flour consistency and chick boost probiotic and she took a good amount and finally popped green I just don't know how often to feed her to get her strength back I think the shipping process left her to dehydrated and malnourished she did perk up and want back with her flock I just need to keep her nutrients and water up

Sounds like you are doing the right thing to me. I am not too experienced on shipping chicks. I just didnt want to leave you without an answer for so long. I would use a dropper to feed just what you are using. Watch her and if she does not eat or drink for a few hours, drop more into her. I am learning with you on this. So I will follow this thread.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing to me.  I am not too experienced on shipping chicks.  I just didnt want to leave you without an answer for so long.  I would use a dropper to feed just what you are using.  Watch her and if she does not eat or drink for a few hours, drop more into her.  I am learning with you on this. So I will follow this thread.  
Thank you it seems to be keeping her fighting I'm feeding her when her crop is close to empty last night she drank some on her own but this morning she wasn't so good I fed her she perked up a little and is awake but not very mobile she's just so weak it makes her clumsy

Thank you it seems to be keeping her fighting I'm feeding her when her crop is close to empty last night she drank some on her own but this morning she wasn't so good I fed her she perked up a little and is awake but not very mobile she's just so weak it makes her clumsy
Sadly Calsifer didn't make it she passed at 10:30
1f61e.png
She put up one hell of a fight her health must have been worse than thought

Back
Top Bottom