Weak Chick ! Don't know whats wrong! :(

ChickChickChicky!

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Okay well I have this 2 week old chick. Shes (assuming she is a 'she') smaller than the other 2 chicks by a lot! She eats less and drinks less too! Just yesterday when I saw some poop on her butt, I went to get paper to clean it. While cleaning I accidentally knocked the place the umbilical cord was it bleed a little, but than this yellow stuff started pouring. I panicked! I tried to stop it, eventually it stopped and now it seems just like before. I'm worried! What should I do and should I put her separate from the other chicks too? I worried and don't know what to do!
hit.gif
Thanks!

I can't answer your questions because I just started with chicks this year and I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction.
tongue.png

But you may want to post in the Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and cures section on here. You will proble get more responses there.

I hope all goes well for you and your chick. Good luck.
hugs.gif

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I can't answer your questions because I just started with chicks this year and I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction.
tongue.png

But you may want to post in the Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and cures section on here. You will proble get more responses there.

I hope all goes well for you and your chick. Good luck.
hugs.gif

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks!
smile.png

It sounds like you have a chick who has an umbillical site infection
sad.png

The good news is that if she has survived this long, and you have relieved the discharge, then she might have a fighting chance. Give her a round of antibiotics and she could recover.

I'm crossing my fingers for you!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom