Weak Cornish pullet

coachhaze60

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
Morganton,NC
Hope somebody can help with this or offer some advice. I bought a pair of young Cornish pullets from an auction. I have one of the girls that can't sit up right or walk well. She sits in the corner of her pen and sleeps quite a bit. When she hears others under the pen she will wake up and be responsive to them. She will eat very little and I'm not sure she is drinking much water at the time. Her feathers aren't missing but she does appear to have some brown and green poo stains near her vent. I don't know what to do. I separated her so the others wouldn't hurt her. Please somebody give me some advice.
sad.png

Last edited:
There are so many things it could be... I would start by isolation of the sick bird. Put her someplace warm and quiet, with fresh water and some food. Maybe you could try giving her some mashed up cooked egg if she isnt eating well. Write down all of her symptoms, and track them. Also, put some electrolyes into her water. Diagnosis is tough, in my opinion. Post any other symptoms here, and I am sure someone will have some idea of what is wrong. Hope she gets better soon!

edited for spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom