Weak poorly chicken

If she is not eating/drinking,something serious is wrong. What type of worm load did she have? Just going to mention that vermx is not a licensed dewormer and it is debatable as to whether it actually works or not. Could also be possible that she has a toxic worm load.

Provide her with additional heat(when ill/injured birds cannot regulate their body temp. Has she been checked for being egg bound/crop issues,this is just to rule everything out.

She had round worm but that seems to be cleared up. She won't eat or drink by herself. She has eaten a whole egg, a few spoonfuls of natural yogurt and a 1/4 pint of water with Verm-x in.

I am in the UK, so Verm-x is licenced here. I am gonna give her some Asprin in water to help with pain in her neck. But since giving her an egg she seems much better but still tired as she can't sleep. I have checked her throat and it seems ok. Poor chicky :-( she keeps trying to sleep standing up

Still poorly but seems better as feeding her with a siringe. How long does it take for a chicken to recover? Her neck isn't any better but she is trying to stand taller

Back
Top Bottom