Weak rooster with runny poop

thinkyesi

Songster
Oct 24, 2016
I have a rooster that's starting to show signs of being weak. He tries to mount the girls and he just goes limp and cant get his foot up. His poop is a weird runny color too. Hes still eating but not as much.
I've never seen this type of poop in my flock before. What could it be?
20200711_100210.jpg

I have a rooster that's starting to show signs of being weak. He tries to mount the girls and he just goes limp and cant get his foot up. His poop is a weird runny color too. Hes still eating but not as much.
I've never seen this type of poop in my flock before. What could it be?
How old is the rooster?
What do you feed?

If possible, take a sample of poop to your vet for testing.

Any chance he's ingested something moldy, toxic, etc. Was he vaccinated for Marek's?
Have you ever wormed him?
Any other troubles with your flock recently or had new birds introduced within the last 30 days or so?

I would try to get him hydrated. Once he's drinking, then see if he will eat for you. Check his crop to make sure it's empty in the morning. Look him over for lice/mites.

Hes about 6 months old. All my other birds look okay. Just him. Hasn't eaten anything different but the pellets I feed them. Just that weird poop is all really.

Hes about 6 months old. All my other birds look okay. Just him. Hasn't eaten anything different but the pellets I feed them. Just that weird poop is all really.
Is he still lethargic?
Possibly worm him, but even that at 6 months he should be vigorous - do you have photos of him?
Is all his poop like that?

Back
Top Bottom