Weapons of choice?

Pics
Training is very important. There have been some that got shot ,but there are those who WILL NOT obey a command when told to put down their weapon they want to resist and it makes it that much harder on law enforcement to do their job when people want comply. I do agree that toys and real weapons are made to much alike. having the end of the barrel with neon orange or red just isn't enough. When it comes to the handling of weapons it begins in the home and for the most part there is no teaching at home done at all today. It's our responsibility as parents to see that it is done the proper way. As it is today to many run the streets with guns and they either don't care or realize how deadly a gun can be. With some they think the only way out is with a gun. I am not talking about suicide. I know to well about this. It has happened to my family several times. We should ALL keep in mind that no matter what the situation is always treat a weapon as if it were loaded, never point a weapon at anyone at anytime,once the trigger is pulled there's no going back. Bullets travel at thousands of feet per second it's over in the blink of an eye and if law enforcement gives you a command JUST DO AS THEY ASK. They want to go home at the end of their watch just as the next man or woman does. I can't say enough about guns except I do know how to handle a gun and what it was made for .IT"S NOT A TOY and I will treat it as such.Enough said. This is a chicken forum not the NRA which I am a proud member. So let's talk Chicken . How about using traps instead of guns unless the varmint is to large to control with a trap.

It seems we have struck a nerve?

You may want to go back to my original post, which was made as an attempt to educate and inform inexperienced (and ill prepared) BYC folks on weapons to use AFTER they had trapped an offending varmint and needed turn it's lights out. A lot of folks do that without realizing that setting a cage trap is only step 1 of a 2 step process. They aren't prepared for step 2.......either with weapon or mindset.

It wasn't a thread on shooting sports, guns in general, 2nd Amendment rights, police issues or any of the other hot button issues that have popped up.

Back
Top Bottom