polishchickens111

Songster
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Over there
I read that chickens are attracted to the color red. If I wear red clothing when raising baby chicks, will they become less wary of people, or even friendlier?

earnhardtlvr

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
that's a good ? and I'd b interested to hear some1's opinion on that. I know that I had a few bug bites on my arms a few weeks ago when they were still in the brooder and of course they were red becuz I was scratching them
and they kept jumping up trying to peck me on those spots!

True Grit

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Orono, Minnesota
My Coop
I sometimes wore my red plaid pajamas when I went down at night to give them their cuddles before bedtime and some of them started to dust bathe on them. They seemed to like that red plaid flannel!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
12 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Quote:Chickens already think we're good to eat. They just aren't smart enough to figure out how to take us down without a fight.....

but they're working on it.

Mac in Wisco

Antagonist
12 Years
May 25, 2007
SW Wisconsin
I've noticed that they are quite sensitive to color. When we have new pullets in the barn it takes them quite while to get used to us walking through the barn. I typically wear jeans and a darker colored t-shirt, but I notice that they will freak out and be quite flighty when I am wearing brighter clothes.

teeville5

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Michigan
Chickens already think we're good to eat. They just aren't smart enough to figure out how to take us down without a fight.....

So that's why some of the girls have been eyeballing me...yikes

tclegg

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Parkersburg
Quote:Chickens already think we're good to eat. They just aren't smart enough to figure out how to take us down without a fight.....

Dannee

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada

Ok that's funny

Top Bottom