Weasels

We've been dealing with a weasel also. Last week it killed 6 of our hens. We have 2 boxes with rat traps set since Monday but haven't caught it yet. We've used weasel bait and fish with no luck. Glad you were able to catch the little bugger.

Weasels and mink are the worst! Glad you got it! We have been battling their cousin the skunk these past couple of weeks. Three so far. We have a lot of snow this year, and as they’re coming out of their winter hidey-holes, they aren’t able to go wherever it is skunks go and find whatever it is skunks eat this time of year, so they’re finding their way into my coop.

View attachment 3372458View attachment 3372460

It has no right to look as cute as it does. But for my birds sake it must be done. Goodbye little weasel.
Nice catch! Glad you caught it! May I ask what kind/size of trap that is? My mice traps and blackhole trap don't seem to work, the meat is gone every time, but rhe traps don't set off. And I'm sure I'm dealing with a weasel. Caught a baby in the coop the other day

Nice catch! Glad you caught it! May I ask what kind/size of trap that is? My mice traps and blackhole trap don't seem to work, the meat is gone every time, but rhe traps don't set off. And I'm sure I'm dealing with a weasel. Caught a baby in the coop the other day
I used a small catch and release trap (squirrel sized 24 x 7in)

Back
Top Bottom