1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

weather problems for me....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickchair, Jan 11, 2007.

1. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    Hey gang...(old and new) the wind is howling again and the lights are flickering....I am likely to lose power again, so no panicking if you don't see me.....Rob, Terrie, and the other mods have my # and can get hold of me if I'm needed.

Wish us Pacific North Westerners luck today!

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I am right with you CC. We have "Don't leave if you don't have to" warnings. Of course, employers don't understand! LOL

3. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

-25 C here this am. No sind yet, we are expecting that and much snow tomorrow they say.

Cheers,

April

4. Sandyki

Sandyki Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Minnesota
    Stay safe CC.....

[​IMG]
    Sandy

5. ginnie6

ginnie6 New Egg

Jan 11, 2007
    Ya'll can have some of our warm weather down here in the south! We need some cold to kill off some of the bugs we're going to overrun with come spring. had a friend actually get bitten by mosquitoes this past week!

6. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Crazy weather all around this year. We have not had a winter this mild for a long time. Hope the winds don't get to bad for you guys. Its been windy here but nothing like what you have had and are going to get.

7. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    CC, how goes the big blow? I hope you've not had any damage and everything's good.

teapot smiley

8. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    So far Becky, it's freezing cold and the wind is blowing, but not too hard at this point..(this morning it was howling)
    My fingers may never recover from breaking ice off the buckets, and hauling five gallon jugs of hot water out to my babies~[​IMG]

9. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Hang in there, girl. Literally. [​IMG] Drag out that sunlamp. Just a few more weeks till SPRING! [​IMG]

teapot smiley

10. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Holy cow CC, sounds frosty cold!! We are supposed to get hit with some of that cold Arctic wind down here in Nor CA, too.
    I sure hope the plastic pipes for the auto waterers dont freeze. They run right across the tops of all the pens. Duh, something that wouldnt be done in a cold winter area, I suppose, LOL.

chel:p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by