Webbed toes

meerkat0702

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2021
So I recently noticed one of my chicks has the middle and outer toes on both feet webbed together. Is this something I should be concerned about? I've seen people say they cut it but she seems to be doing fine with it as is. She's only 2-3 weeks old so I mean maybe it'll become an issue later on when she's trying to roost or something. I don't plan on breeding any of them so I'm not worried about the gene being passed on. Any advice is appreciated! (Don't mind the weird coloring of the picture, they're under a red heat lamp so I edited it so it was easier to see) If this picture is too hard to see I'll try and see if I can get a better one just let me know!
20210329_160412.jpg

She is already 2-3 weeks old though, is that too old? Her toes are very straight at least, though I'm sure it would take a bit of time for the toes to spread out. I'm leery about doing it unless it's necessary, I don't want to cause her any pain if I don't have to. I also don't want the recovery to be rough on her given her age. She's also with 7 other chicks and I don't want them to mess with her. I don't have another heat lamp to put her in a separate box.

Back
Top Bottom