1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Website Chat Thread: Post modifications, feedback, and ask questions!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickLover98, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I just made some MAJOR modifications to my HenHouse website. Please look at them and give me feedback! Also, post your own websites and ask questions to get feedback.

I used www.wix.com for my first website and I am very satisfied. It's very easy and neat!

Here's my site:
    www.wix.com/sydney85/thehenhouseofficialsite

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Very nice site. I like the way it's put together, set up, etc. The one thing I don't like is the bright red type on the bright blue background. It hurt my eyes while reading it. Maybe you could change it to either a darker red or black? Just a thought.

And also... Where you list the link to BYC -- would it be possible to make that like a word-link, so viewers can click right where it says BackYardChickens.com? I didn't realize that the banner took you here until my mouse roved across it.

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Thank you for the feedback! I will go fix those things! It was supposed to be orange, but I was on my laptop, which sometimes goofs up colors. I can add a little "Click here" thing on the BYC link, too. [​IMG]

ETA: Fixed! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Hi,

Your site well not work for people that:

are on a Ipad,Ipod, Apple software (unless they have installed flash).

I would recomand http://wordpress.com if you want a website that every one can see it.

I would never recomand flash for a website. There are thosands of free wordpress templates out there! And it's almost as user friendly as wix or what ever it's called

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by