wedding ring (positioning) question..

Why wear a ring at all is my question. Stupid things get in the way.
somad.gif

My SO's family was a little startled when they heard how he had proposed to me, and the first thing I told him was to return the ring and get his money back so he could get something useful.
lol.png
As for him, he has always worn a ring on his left hand, even since way back in high school, simply because he enjoys wearing a ring but can't stand it being on the hand he uses all the time. It's been ages since I've associated rings with marriage . . . I'm certainly not observant enough to notice which hand they happen to be on. I'm impressed you noticed it.
hu.gif

Last edited:
I have been to Europe many times and noticed the right hand was where the wedding band was being worn. I believe I was in one of the Scandinavian countries, Norway I think? I had a conversation with a woman about this topic.

It's just a symbol and who cares where you wear it or if you wear it at all. If your heart is not in the right place, a ring means absolutely nothing.

Predominantly in eastern and southern Europe it is the right hand, but here in the UK it is the left hand. It is to do with the difference in religion, Eastern Orthodox versus western Catholicism and Protestants.

these days it is just a symbol. very few men here used to wear them, my own father would never wear any jewellery, it can be a danger if working with machinery. Personal choice.

I wore mine on the right hand for about 6 months.

I was learning cello and for some reason it caused swelling in the tendon. I thought I'd have to stop playing until DOC told me to stop wearing my wedding band. I said "You better put that in writing Doc...." and he did...LOL

I don't play so much now so it dosen't bother me.

Back
Top Bottom