Wednesday came early

Tomhusker

Songster
10 Years
May 28, 2010
Carson, Iowa
We were expecting delivery of our chicks next Wednesday. Today around 1:00 I got a call from the past office in Omaha, which is about 55 miles away, saying that the chicks were there and I could either leave them there until Monday, or pick them up today. I couldn't see leering them sit there so I went up and got them.

They arrived in great shape and are in a temporary brooder, as we were not ready for them yet. They are a little crowded, but in the morning they will go into the 6'x6' brooder we built for them.

They really were too crowded. My son and I went ahead and built the new brooder and transferred them over tonight. It was a little inconvenient, but we got it done. They are so cute.

Last edited:
Awwww sweet babies! Congrats, they are adorable! :) I am so glad you were able to go ahead and get them and have temporary accomodations. I would be contacting the hatchery and not being terribly nice. These chicks got very lucky. Others might not and that kind of mistake is inexcusable.

Wow! An unexpected delivery 55 miles away is more than inconvenient! Luckily you had the time and availability to get them. They are so cute when they are little and fuzzy. Glad it all turned out well.

The temporary brooder doesn't look all that shabby. The chicks seem to enjoy their new accomodations. It is certainly better than sitting at the post office.

Back
Top Bottom