Weeding out the bad eggs... help!

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
Hi everyone, I'm new to incubating and I don't know a whole lot, so I could really use some input on trying to weed out the bad eggs. I have 1 duck egg in which I can clearly see a beating heart and blood vessels, so I know that one is good. The other duck egg looks like it has a broken yolk as it looks like pieces moving around when I turn it rather than a solid form. I also do not see any blood vessels. These eggs are on day 6, I should be able to see in this duck what I see in the other by now, right? I would like to toss this egg, but I just want to confirm.

Also, I have 6 goose eggs. 2 of them are definitely fertile and I can see the beating hearts. 1 I can see pink vessels, but only a few and no dark spot in the middle? It's also hard to see this one because it has been stained brown by the mud that was on it when I received it. The last 3 goose eggs I can't see anything because the shells are so stained, however, there is something odd about these 3, when I rotate the egg, the yolk doesn't move, it's stuck in one spot. These yolks shouldn't be stuck in one spot, right?

Please help me weed through these eggs! Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm new to incubating and I don't know a whole lot, so I could really use some input on trying to weed out the bad eggs. I have 1 duck egg in which I can clearly see a beating heart and blood vessels, so I know that one is good. The other duck egg looks like it has a broken yolk as it looks like pieces moving around when I turn it rather than a solid form. I also do not see any blood vessels. These eggs are on day 6, I should be able to see in this duck what I see in the other by now, right? I would like to toss this egg, but I just want to confirm.

Also, I have 6 goose eggs. 2 of them are definitely fertile and I can see the beating hearts. 1 I can see pink vessels, but only a few and no dark spot in the middle? It's also hard to see this one because it has been stained brown by the mud that was on it when I received it. The last 3 goose eggs I can't see anything because the shells are so stained, however, there is something odd about these 3, when I rotate the egg, the yolk doesn't move, it's stuck in one spot. These yolks shouldn't be stuck in one spot, right?

Please help me weed through these eggs! Thanks!

Most all of us give to day 10, some are slower to get started. If you dont have blood vessels by then toss. Welcome to Hatching!!!

just wait... sometimes as the veins are growing the yolk goes through several stages... nothing will explode in the first 10 days. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom