week old baby chick dying?

Just wondering if you guys know how to help save a 4 day old baby chick from passing away because I have a 4 day old baby chick that might die over night so please if anyone is out there please contact me or tell me if you know a cure or something, so please help me and my 4 day old baby chick!!!! You would be very helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hit.gif
THANKS
hu.gif

This morning woke up to find 2 of my chicks dead. They looked perfectly fine. This is my first year hatching chick the reast of the 11 chicks are with the hen but she doesn't peck them. Please help!

I had a little 3 day old baby die today, it was so weak wouldn't open it's eyes and barely responded to anything it's breathing was so shallow, so I made the decision to cull and broke it's neck it's the first time I've killed anything but I couldn't stand the idea of it laying there struggling. Chicken raising can be very rewarding but sometimes it's also heartbreaking.

So i need help... ive lost 2 chickens/chicks like this i dont want it to be a third. She was fine yesterday but then she wasn't. She cant stand she flops over and freiks out. Mentally she is fine but physically she is not, i did some reasearch and found it might be parasites?Helppp.

i had a 3 mnth old pullet that died on me i think sometimes they just get to stressed out

I had about a month and a half old Roo that got really lethargic and was always laying down in the corner or behind something. He wouldn't come out with the others when i brought them lettuce or clover. After about the third day I tried to feed him water.. BIG MISTAKE that I will never make again. I basically made him drown and he died in my hands. I was so upset that I didn't research how to give them water. Not sure he would have lived, but it still made me upset that I caused his death, even if we weren't going to keep him (because he was a rooster). I will never forget it.

We have had 4 baby chicks since mother's day. However, the momma has had chicks before and they were all fine last year. Now, one by one we wake up the next morning to let them out and one is laying still, but still breathing. Within a few minutes of trying to hold them and watch them seem to get better they die. Right before they die, they will try and walk and move their head and then just give up and die. It is hot here in Alabama so we have been changing out their water often. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I bought 4 babies last week and every other day one has died in the same way. They look fine and then suddenly can't keep their eyes open and lie down and die. I've raised three other batches of chicks in the past with no problem. I find this strange that all four have died a few days apart. Any ideas?

outhouse2112, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I'm getting the sense this is a problem all over and isn't anything we are doing. I have raise plenty of chicks in the past with no problem, now all four have died. This is the first time I have lost a baby.

Cinders55
Thank you. Since my post, we moved the mom during the day. She was pecking the poor thing and taking the food right out of the chick's mouth. Scraping him/her to the side and not letting him get any water. We held the chick and put food in our hand. He ate like he was very hungry. Let him walk in the water to cool off since it is 105 here and he is doing much better! We put them together at night because they call for each other.

Back
Top Bottom