Week old chicks, agree on breed?

The white chick with the gray marks could be austra-white. they have spots, australorp mixed with white leghorn, and california gray.

Well, they are almost six weeks old. And of the mystery chicks, so far I think I
have:

The ones I am pretty certain of:
Blue Andalusian (quite the striking bird, already)
Buff Brahma (already the biggest by far)
Lavender Orpington
White leghorn
Blue Splash Marans (that will make two, I got one last time as well)
Barred Rock (meal maker chick)
Cream Legbar

The one I thought was a speckled Sussex clearly isn't, I think she's a
Welsummer. I'll try to get updated pics. There is still a mystery white
chick. I thought she might be another Delaware (I got one last time) but
she isn't, the grey never came in on the neck feathers. She is all
white with just a little irregular black color on a few tail feathers. I have no
idea what she is.

That barred rock is a cheeky little thing, bold as brass.

Like I said, I'll try to get some updated photos of them so people can see
how they turned out.

Following! I think I have a blue andalusian as well. She's only 4 days old and was sold to me as a blue leghorn, but her legs are dark with pink feet and she's already got definition in her tiny little comb.
53398532_10156679749427655_6940676642213724160_n.jpg

I took a few pics today. It’s miserable outside though. I have never been more grateful that I put stall mats in my coop than I have been this winter. Otherwise it would be so muddy.

This is the dark blue chick now at almost six weeks:
4D1B9675-B8C4-45EC-9B13-99F41BBBD4EB.jpeg

EA2AABEF-D97F-415F-AD02-0C0B1F4373F3.jpeg

This is what I think is the cream legbar:
0D1E90F3-912A-42D5-A5DD-627B1DB5AE71.jpeg

This is what I thought was the speckled sussex, but isn’t. Welsummer? Please say that is not a rooster...
6631E354-DCA1-41EE-9405-F545D91A6BF8.jpeg

ED68C8E7-66CB-4C90-B846-411F74D9338C.jpeg

09981DF8-0FCF-42E7-A50B-3BC38F6778FF.jpeg

This is the silvery mystery chick. I have NO idea. Faintly blue.
1237C93A-19A9-4837-900B-C10BEF6A39B8.jpeg

A814518C-95B0-4AAC-88FB-2D4D2843E329.jpeg

Your suspected Welsummer could be an Easter Egger? Possible.
I have no idea about the white one. But it looks to be "splash" in color maybe.
Thanks for posting the pics of the blue. Mine is five days old today and just getting very light grey wing feathers.

Your suspected Welsummer could be an Easter Egger? Possible.
I have no idea about the white one. But it looks to be "splash" in color maybe.
Thanks for posting the pics of the blue. Mine is five days old today and just getting very light grey wing feathers.

That Blue Andalusian does NOT like being handled. She absolutely hates it. She's very pretty though. So I don't really mess with her more than necessary. I love her striking coloring though, she's going to be a very pretty hen.

I don't think easter egger. . . . she doesn't have any ear puffs. Plus I have two EE and an olive egger in this group and they look very different than her (I know they can vary, but this bird has yellow legs and no ear puffs). I was so hoping she was a Speckled Sussex. . .ah well, I have two coming on the 19th with my last order.

The blue one, I thought was a splash . . but she is a uniform pale blue, no blotches. And not nearly as dark as my lavender orps. Her legs are a pearly light grey too, maybe they will get darker. At this point I haven't any idea what she is.

Back
Top Bottom