Weighing birds

if you've got a decent house hold scale, weigh yourself and then step back on holding the bird. Subtract first weight from second weight and the difference is the bird's weight.

Get a scale like this, or a baby scale ... And a cardboard box cut down to 5"-6" high ... goes to 30 pounds, or measure's kilo/gram ... plus "tare's" ...

Last edited:
Get a scale like this, or a baby scale ... And a cardboard box cut down to 5"-6" high ... goes to 30 pounds, or measure's kilo/gram ... plus "tare's" ...
Wow. That's a really good idea! I might use this if the luggage scale idea doesn't work out. Might I ask, why is there bread on the scale...?

Wow. That's a really good idea! I might use this if the luggage scale idea doesn't work out. Might I ask, why is there bread on the scale...?

For chicken sammiches?
gig.gif

That's "Vollkornbrot"!

I use to bake it for sale ... 100% rye flour, naturally leavened*, and baked in a wood fired oven!

*Most people call it "sour dough" .., but, if done "right" it does not have to be "sour"

Last edited:
I use a kitchen/produce scale that reads to 10lbs for growing birds. Do the stand on a scale with bird in hand thing for grown birds. Of course the produce scale works exceedingly well for grown birds after they are butchered.

Exact scale I use from Walmart for under $15. I like the removable metal dish for ease of cleaning.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Market-Scale-Black/35854697

k2-_3371883d-b074-490c-8280-d9c04ff555c0.v1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom