Weight Gain Amounts

Bella333

Chirping
10 Years
May 29, 2012
Hampstead, Maryland
I have a 14wk old silverwyandotte that became ill last month. I had noticed that she wasnt growing as much as the others. I actually took her to the vet and she had capillary worms and tape worms. She has been treated for both. She was also on antibiotics and I tube fed her for 5 days. My question is when I took her to the vet on Sept 8th she was 9.2oz and quite sick. She is now almost 14 ounces and back to acting like a normal chicken eating well and doing chicken things! Is that a proper weight gain for a month? I feel like she she should be gaining more? She appears to be eating well. I have her on chick grower, cracked corn, scratch, scrambled eggs etc....everything I can think of? Does her weight seem right?

My question is when I took her to the vet on Sept 8th she was 9.2oz and quite sick. She is now almost 14 ounces and back to acting like a normal chicken eating well and doing chicken things!
It's only be about 2 weeks.
She's acting normal, eating - doing chicken things.

Feed her chick starter or an all flock feed (18-20% protein) free choice during waking hours. CUT the corn and scratch to a teaspoon a day these are diluting the protein content of the feed. Egg makes a nice treat.

Let her gain normally - don't push it.

Back
Top Bottom