Weight Watchers- new Points Plus program. Thinking of giving it a go..

LauraG

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Upstate, NY
Does anyone have any opinions on Weight Watchers? I believe this is the program for me. I would like to loose about 20 pounds.

I know my weight is steadily creeping up and I have such little self control over food....especially McDonalds...
hide.gif

I was doing really good last year just by following weight watchers recipes and exercising, but then, I dont know I went back to my old self.....
he.gif

What really hurt me is I got some xmas gifts and everyone bought me size "Large", which I am not, but that is how people are perceiving me and it sort of hurt my feelings.

But I do know I am getting quite chubsy and would feel better if I lost some of the extra weight, physically & emotionally.

Any experience with Weight Watchers here? I would be doing the online version because I do not have a set work schedule and work some mornings and some nights.

I know there is a new program being launched as well.....

My husband went on Weight Watchers at work. We each lost over ten pounds. When the 6 week program was over........we gained it all back
sad.png
I am very heavy, have been over weight all my life. I will tell you this--ACT NOW while it is only 20 pounds. Weight Watchers is a great program, we'll be starting again Jan 3! Perhaps we should start a weight loss support thread on BYC? Can't be any worse than the clan threads I see everywhere. My best to you!!!

Love weight watchers. There is another peep on here who has done very well on it -- if she reads this post she will know who I am talking about. she lost about 18 to 20 pounds. I lost about 25 pounds in 2006. Ended up going through menopause and quit smoking, gain it all back. My plan is to get back on the program and keep it off. I am pretty sure my body is over the menopause stuff and I will be able to keep the weight off.

good luck with it. You should do well. One thing I really liked was going to the meetings. The support is wonderful and the accountability really helps. I have never done the online version, but I think they have a forum where you can report in with your peeps, if not, we can be your support here and help with the positive influence.

I've been thinking about going back on Weight Watchers. I still have my books, etc. I can't really afford/find time for meetings right now, though...we could do a weekly weigh in/online meeting.

Wel, Thanks folks for your support!!
love.gif

I went ahead and joined WW online. I still have alot of junky food in my frig that I refuse to throw away, but once it is eaten up, I will start to work on it more seriously.

Theres so much to navigate with the program online, I feel totally overwhelmed.....

Its going to be slow going I bet, but I'd love to be a little lighter by the summer..nothing ventured, nothing gained....

Back
Top Bottom