~*~Weimaraner and Great Dane Official Club!~*~

Quote:
LOVE the black/white shot!!
love.gif

Kevin - love the shot w/your wolf-dog. Who's you're "top dog"?

thanks
smile.png
he is a rescue..got him the day before he was goin to be put down. the pound didnt know what he was and couldnt handle him. said he was *mean* cuz he jumps up to lick your face.

Quote:
LOVE the black/white shot!!
love.gif

Kevin - love the shot w/your wolf-dog. Who's you're "top dog"?

My top dog is diamond. My black female dane. I think simba get's lonely being the only boy
tongue.png

I had a weimaraner lab mix once, but couldn't find any pics, however, here are my dane pics!

First my current dane Iris! Turned 9 years young last month,
021.jpg

140.jpg

040-1.jpg

And danes from the past, Havoc
100_2186.jpg

100_2648.jpg

(possibly the last pic I have of him)
016.jpg

And Baxter,
(such a cute baby)
Baxtercomfortable.jpg

Baxter040300-2.jpg

Annnnd Hannah, who I only had for a few months, rescued from the pound, got her healthy and sent her to a rescue,
06-25-1113.jpg

I'm currently pretending not to be looking for a new puppy!

Haviris - I don't know which of yours I think is prettiest!!
droolin.gif
That's so nice that you've helped foster. Other than the look, what do you like about natural ears vs. cropped?? I think the general public is used to the cropped ear look on danes, because I've had several people ask what breed my guy is, and he looks very danish to me
hu.gif
It definitely changes their appearance - more regal and serious looking.

Last edited:
I have 2 uro danes one was an inport from rusha she had pups about week ago they are sooooo cute here are pics of mom and dad
big_smile.png

mom and dad the dogs tor up there bed thats y there is so much stuff evrey where
big_smile.png

107628_116_0984.jpg

mom
107628_kdk_0011.jpg

107628_kdk_0010.jpg

107628_kdk_0331.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you teach1rusl, your boy is quite the looker to! I'll have me a blue someday!

Personally I think there are pros and cons to both natural and cropped, I've found the cropped ears to be alot harder to keep clean, Havoc always had gross black gunk in his ears, on the other hand Iris had to have a hematoma in her ear repaired, that she probably wouldn't have had if she's have had cropped ears.

Iris is my first natural, I already had Havoc when I got her, and thought the natural ears looked more feminine (she was also my first girl). I tried to tape her ears so they would lay correctly, but they always folded in back. Hannah, however, had beautiful natural ears!

Currently my plan is the crop my next baby, I'm luckly to have (and work for) a vet that does a beautiful crop! Which is the biggest thing, a good vet, I'd much rather have natural ears then a bad crop.

You'll probably always have people that don't recognize your boy, even if you had cropped. I don't get to much mis identity anymore, although sometimes people have to ask, and I get alot of people that don't realize they can be white, I'll bet there are just as many that don't realize they come in blue either, he definately looks very danish! Every color has their other breeds they get mistaken for, black-lab, blue-weim, harl-dalmatian, merle-catahoula, fawn-mastiff (or atleast Hannah did), I guess Iris probably stumped them growing up she got weim (yes really) and pit bull.

Quote:
It's hard to explain. It's just kind of different. There not really pets but companions. They don't give out trust like dogs. You have to truly earn it. Once you have it it's a unbreakable bond. They have to be with you. They compliment the dane's dynamic And thank you
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom