Weird behavior, never seen or heard of this before. *UPDATE 4: Poisen Plant*

Did you ever figure out what was going on with her? Has she gotten better?

We have a hen that seems to be doing this, too. She is very inactive and just minds her own business. She will stand there and bob her head up and down (fighting the urge to fall asleep) and when she lays down, she just puts her face plants, as you said yours does. We have her quarantined now. I thought she had an illness, but starting to wonder if it is mites as the seller (we've only had her a week) said they fought off mites several month ago but that they were gone now. Maybe she still has some...I gave her a De bath, but guess I should use something stronger. I have some spray frontline, not sure if it is too harsh, I think I have some Adams spray, too, somewhere...

My hen also has diarrhea, not sure if that is a symptom of mites or not, but guess it could be if she is simply not eating enough due to the mites.

All- Thank you for your concern.

They were never sure what was wrong. Antibiotics and syringe feeding got her over the hump, so to speak, but the head rubbing and spinning never stopped. We put her down last week. She had good days and bad. Good days she was almost normal. Bad days she wouldn't eat or drink, would fall out of the coop instead of jumping and would get so frantic with the spinning that she even knocked the ramp to the coop down on top of herself. She had about two bad days to every good day.

Willie- I hope your girl doesn't have whatever Cher did. The only bright spot I could give on that is that since you seemed to have caught it a bit earlier you may have reduced or reversible neuro effects. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom