Weird black ?

I know everyone is freaked out about LL and Merek Disease,I’m not at all.We vaccinate all our birds against merek,so I never had that.I treat my birds like family members.
Again, I must have misunderstood. You'd said on another thread you'd lost several to what you thought was either Marek's or LL and that you'd be closing your flock. But you went from 67 birds in March to 700 by May! Holy guacamole! Makes my head spin! I'm busy enough with my 17 chickens and 5 ducks!

I’m so glad you treat your birds well! What’s LL? I’m stressed most about avian influenza right now.
Lymphoid Leukosis. It's a cancer causing virus. No vaccines for it, either.

Don't freak out. If you practice good biosecurity and keep a closed flock (or only add from NPIP breeders), you're fine.

Lymphoid Leukosis. It's a cancer causing virus. No vaccines for it, either.

Don't freak out. If you practice good biosecurity and keep a closed flock (or only add from NPIP breeders), you're fine.
Ok, thanks! It's been spreading in WA so I'm a little stressed... I also have parakeets which would be euthanized if my flock got it...

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my neighbor, who has only one chicken (she had more but they slowly have died off over the years) asked for some chicks from me. I have a couple that I want to give her, but I don't know if it's safe to give them to her with the whole flu thing. What do you think?

Ok, thanks! It's been spreading in WA so I'm a little stressed... I also have parakeets which would be euthanized if my flock got it...

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my neighbor, who has only one chicken (she had more but they slowly have died off over the years) asked for some chicks from me. I have a couple that I want to give her, but I don't know if it's safe to give them to her with the whole flu thing. What do you think?
I'm a little paranoid, too, so I wouldn't if it were me.

I'm sorry for her. That's sad...

I'm a little paranoid, too, so I wouldn't if it were me.

I'm sorry for her. That's sad...
Ok. Thanks! I really wish the hen had some buddies right now. (I definitely think chickens are flock animals!)

I’m now trying to figure out if it’d be better to do it now, since there’s no bird flu currently in my exact area, or wait until it’s cleared up in about (hopefully) 4 weeks.

Ok. Thanks! I really wish the hen had some buddies right now. (I definitely think chickens are flock animals!)

I’m now trying to figure out if it’d be better to do it now, since there’s no bird flu currently in my exact area, or wait until it’s cleared up in about (hopefully) 4 weeks.
Well, you'll probably be fine. I'd just be very careful after meeting with her and disinfect, like, everything.

Back
Top Bottom