Weird breathing?

Ellyhutch

Songster
Dec 15, 2020
My little girl Fran is an almost 9 month old khaki Campbell. I've noticed her doing this tail up-and-down thing at night when I spy on them in th coop (see video, she's in the lower left corner). Tonight she looks like she's breathing heavily as well. I listened to her chest just a day or two ago and everything sounded fine. No open beaked breathing or any changes in behavior. Is this part of the egg laying process? She's always been a bit runty so maybe it's more work for her?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BDd8FH7GZjgXNnFh7

Last edited:
She looks alert and clear-eyed, And if you didn't hear anything when you listened to her chest maybe it's just her and how she breathes since there isn't any open mouth breathing no discharge no coughing. I'd just keep an eye on her. She looks very healthy from here any way.

She looks alert and clear-eyed, And if you didn't hear anything when you listened to her chest maybe it's just her and how she breathes since there isn't any open mouth breathing no discharge no coughing. I'd just keep an eye on her. She looks very healthy from here any way.
Thanks a bunch, I think maybe she must just do it in the night during part of making her egg.

Back
Top Bottom