weird chicken behavior and injured chicken

Seems plenty large enough for six, so space likely isn't the issue.
Have you been able to witness any bullying?
Could try adding a second set of feed and water opposite side of the run.
Finding and isolating the bully is important.
Two of them seem to be the main bullies- the delaware who is the biggest and this crazy easter egger who is tiny and literally insane. she tries to peck everyone and she usually gets reprimanded by another girl but they are the main ones bullying the two astrolorps. but the astrolorps are the main bullies of the injured easter egger so i don’t know who to separate because they are all mean to different chickens.

Not sure about the space you have provided.
Your perticular birds may need more room. The picking and bullying issues are having would probably dissapear if you could make there daytime enclosure bigger. Also give them stuff to scratch thru, a hunk of sod, or grass clippings. Hang a cabbage. There are all kinds of ideas i have seen that occupy a chickens time giving them less time to squabble and pick on each other.
Dont use blue cote on open wounds, it stings like crazy. Use neisporin or triple antibiotic. Keep her separate untill healed up.
Good luck!

Are they getting outside to free range during the day? Since there are different personalities clashing, it might be easier to get them outside as much as possible. I had to rehome one breed of hens once because they were bullies to all of the rest of the flock. You may want to separate the bully for a week away from the flock, then see if she is nicer after that. My present hen who had been ill for a month, now has to live by herself on the other side of the fence where she can see the others, but not get attacked.

Back
Top Bottom