Weird clear bit in egg day 18

Chickypeg

In the Brooder
May 9, 2020
Candled eggs for last time in prep for lockdown. 1 of my eggs has a normal looking air cell at the bottom of the egg but also has quite a big, weird clearish bit higher up to the side. There are no blood vessels or anything in the clear patch . The chick is most definitely alive, can clearly see movement. Is it likely to hatch? What is this weird patch?

Attachments

• 4AE4A2C0-53CC-4CE8-A4AC-87E27DDF4F41.jpeg
    4AE4A2C0-53CC-4CE8-A4AC-87E27DDF4F41.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 19
Candled eggs for last time in prep for lockdown. 1 of my eggs has a normal looking air cell at the bottom of the egg but also has quite a big, weird clearish bit higher up to the side. There are no blood vessels or anything in the clear patch . The chick is most definitely alive, can clearly see movement. Is it likely to hatch? What is this weird patch?
Wow, I'm not sure what that is. Could the air cell have "leaked"? Like a detached air cell kinda. It probably will still hatch. Fingers crossed

This happened with one of my eggs from my last hatch. The chick never made it but on eggtopsy it turned out to be the yolk!

Oh no.. I hope she makes it, she’s one of the wiggliest eggs in the incubator at the
Moment

Back
Top Bottom