Weird colored ducklings from tsc

Leah and Shamus the ducks

In the Brooder
May 8, 2023
(I am new to this forum so mistakes will be made 😂) I recently picked up some ducklings from tsc and they are weird colors/mixes. One looks almost like a mallard but seems to be some sort of mocha color instead of the traditional black while another Is almost all yellow but has a mild blue/grey penciling. The last two look like Campbell's maybe a dark and a light, don't know for sure though. Any help identifying would be appreciated

(I am new to this forum so mistakes will be made 😂) I recently picked up some ducklings from tsc and they are weird colors/mixes. One looks almost like a mallard but seems to be some sort of mocha color instead of the traditional black while another Is almost all yellow but has a mild blue/grey penciling. The last two look like Campbell's maybe a dark and a light, don't know for sure though. Any help identifying would be appreciated
Could you upload pictures? It's impossible to say for sure without seeing them
Also :welcome

Could you upload pictures? It's impossible to say for sure without seeing them
Also :welcome

:welcome !!!

Yes, pictures would help very much. Anf there are no mistakes, only happy little accidents! :D
Haha thanks, I'll upload some pictures but be warned these little guys move A LOT so the pictures may be a little blurry

Here are the best pictures I could get, I chose a solid background for better visibility but they move soo much 😆

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_092736.jpg
    IMG_20230508_092736.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230508_092729.jpg
    IMG_20230508_092729.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230508_092725.jpg
    IMG_20230508_092725.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 11
Here are the best pictures I could get, I chose a solid background for better visibility but they move soo much 😆
Love the markings on that brown one! So unusual (to me)! Can't see the penciling you mentioned on the yellow one, and the completely brown ones are most probably Khaki Campbell. That line down the bill of the one in the first pic is intriguing though.

Sometimes it can be difficult to tell when they're babies. I've had coloured ducklings turn white and vice versa.

Love the markings on that brown one! So unusual (to me)! Can't see the penciling you mentioned on the yellow one, and the completely brown ones are most probably Khaki Campbell. That line down the bill of the one in the first pic is intriguing though.

Sometimes it can be difficult to tell when they're babies. I've had coloured ducklings turn white and vice versa.
The yellow one's penciling is super thin and light, I'm leaning toward a buff Orpington for her but I don't know. We'll see as I post updates. Thanks for the info ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom