Weird droppings - what could this indicate?

fatimastic

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
Pakistan
I have 7 Australorp hens, above and below a year old. All of them are laying but nowadays the egg production has decreased immensely, mainly due to lice infestation and when they all suffered from respect disease when they were young..
I saw this abnormal poo... very unique. And I have no idea which hen it belongs to. If hens who have waterbelly produce this droppins, then I might know the culprit.

Attachments

• 20210720_150612.jpg
    20210720_150612.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210720_150619.jpg
    20210720_150619.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210720_150626.jpg
    20210720_150626.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 4
Is the hen you suspect of water belly acting lethargic?

I detect a bit of intestinal lining and a little bit of bile in the poop, but absent anyone behaving sick, I would just keep an eye on them for more of this poop and signs of sick behavior - lethargy, fluffed up, going mute, loss of appetite, etc.

To narrow things down, you might isolate the water belly hen from the others for a day and see what her behavior and poop are.

Is the hen you suspect of water belly acting lethargic?

I detect a bit of intestinal lining and a little bit of bile in the poop, but absent anyone behaving sick, I would just keep an eye on them for more of this poop and signs of sick behavior - lethargy, fluffed up, going mute, loss of appetite, etc.

To narrow things down, you might isolate the water belly hen from the others for a day and see what her behavior and poop are.
She is somewhat lethargic. Her condition fluctuates. I couldn't find this poop again. And no one in particular is behaving lethargic... I just have to treat my hen with neem oil for lice infestation today.

The hen I suspect is having water belly has labouree breathing which matches the hen that I lost to the disease. And her abdomen feels heavy and more squishy than others. We may try to extract the water in a few days.

My hens poop like this but I see them act normal any idea their butts are dirty and they are fat. Only 3 of my hens do not have this issue but the other 5 do.

My hens poop like this but I see them act normal any idea their butts are dirty and they are fat. Only 3 of my hens do not have this issue but the other 5 do.
They have poopy butts because they are fat. Instead of being able to shoot the poop free of the feathers, the fat will catch the poop on the feathers,

You might want to review what you feed them and cut back drastically on any carbs you are feeding other than what is in a commercial feed.

It's weird because I have a naked neck she is huge but doesn't have this problem I feed them layer feed and gamefowl feed

Back
Top Bottom