1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weird egg show and tell thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cupman, Mar 28, 2012.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Got a weird egg? show and tell us about it.

I am fairly certain this came from one of my young speckled sussex birds. But I can't be positive. This is a large fowl egg, I don't own any bantam chickens. I'm guessing this is one of the first eggs she has ever laid. The quarter is for size reference.

[​IMG]

2. redandalusian

redandalusian Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    Arizona
    Thats called a wind egg pullets lay them from time to time and usually they wont have yolks but sometimes will

3. poipollo

poipollo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    gross, misshapen egg:

[​IMG]

with a wrinkly top:

[​IMG]

from my lakenvelder.

4. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I have three silver lakenvelders and they lay eggs that are long and pointy with that wrinkled top. I like yours, it sort of reminds me of a potato or something.

5. binza1979

binza1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    I don't have a picture, but one of my girls lays an egg that is flat on two sides. It won't roll away if you set it on the counter. It happens every time. I'm not sure who is laying it as I have 6 birds that lay brown eggs.

6. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My little golden campine hen laid a "Snowman" egg. It looks big in the picture but it was really the size of an 'egg fart' as you can see in the picture using the quarter to show the size of the egg. The 3rd picture shows how the 2 sections were joined in the back of the egg.

The little 'snowman' even came with a 'face' already on it and not only that....one of the 'eyes' looks like a sillouette (sp?) of a chicken!!! How talented is THAT?!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

One of very many tiny eggs I've found in the coop, next to a tablespoon

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by