weird egg

cptbahama

Songster
9 Years
Jan 13, 2011
augusta, georgia
The hen that's been laying this egg is an EE/Ameraucana type. She is a pullet about 6 months old, maybe a little more. All of her eggs have hard white "spots" on the outside. They are raised, so you can feel them. Inside the eggs are normal. The pullet looks healthy. She resides in the coop with 8 other pullets. They are fed laying crumbles and they get to free range around the yard every day for the last few hours of the day. I hope thats enough background info. Then this egg came along and it was nasty enough to post. Is something wrong with her? What do I need to do?

76677_dsc_0234_resize.jpg

76677_dsc_0235_resize.jpg

76677_dsc_0236_resize.jpg

76677_dsc_0237_resize.jpg

It looks to me, and I am NO expert!, like calcium deposits. A six mo old pullet is just getting into the swing of this egg making business so they are more apt to make "mistakes" when making eggs.

Since the egg itself is normal I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just enjoy your unique eggs! I think the little hiccups is what makes "farm" eggs so neater than store bought anyway...

My girls layed several FLEs (funny looking eggs) when they were getting started, many stranger than this. Now, they're perfect! Enjoy the journey!

Back
Top Bottom