Weird gooey chicken egg??!!!

AceSierra

Songster
Jun 2, 2020
NASTY PHOTOSSS !!!

So I have a 5 year old chicken that has a history of soft shelled, no shelled, and weird mishapen eggs. She has just laid an egg after not laying any eggs for 3 month that is so gooey and hard. When I cut it open it has weird layers like an onion.

She’s been to the vet and they found she had cancer in her ovaries but she’s been acting fine and has been on a flock diet instead of layers feed and she’s not allowed to get more than 10 to 12 hours of sunlight. She has been acting the same eating and drinking and playing with the other chickens I am just concerned lol. is it a good thing she is able to pass eggs or is this something dangerous that I should be concerned about
84EC5B62-4153-46F1-B840-14421A421F48.jpeg

185BDB74-1D95-45B4-8B36-733329D0E5AF.jpeg

Sadly, that's a huge lash egg (Lash eggs aren't actually eggs, it's pus.), which means she has salpingitis. It's inflammation of the oviduct.
With that large of a lash egg I don't think antibiotics is gonna help much in this case, I say all you can really do is offer support.

How did they test for this?
I brought her in into uga vet in Athens because I was concerned of an infection in early April because a soft shelled egg had burst inside of her while she was trying to lay and she had been laying weird eggs for a while but acting fine. They did an mri and found a large mass in her ovaries and other large mass in her shoulder area. So since it’s already spreading they didn’t recommend surgery because of her age and in case it spread to vital organs and to just manager her symptoms for the time being. She’s been doing fine till now and now I can just tell something’s up and she layed that huge lash egg

Sadly, that's a huge lash egg (Lash eggs aren't actually eggs, it's pus.), which means she has salpingitis. It's inflammation of the oviduct.
With that large of a lash egg I don't think antibiotics is gonna help much in this case, I say all you can really do is offer support.
Do you think this is a secondary infection or a direct cause of the cancer. I’m bringing her back to the vet wensday hopefully to find out and get her some medicine

Back
Top Bottom