Weird gray spot in my duck egg???

daze333

Songster
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
Hi all,
I have raised chickens, ducks and geese for some time now. I have had rubber eggs, big eggs, fart eggs, wrinkly eggs, broken eggs, pullet eggs etc. I have seen blood spots, growing embryos, calcium bumps, thin and thick shells, but this is a first. I opened up one of my runner eggs to find a gray spot about the size of a watermelon seed. I have seen it twice now. If I smash it, it has the consistency of jello or mash potatoes. It smells like egg and I have not tasted it. Does anyone know what this is?

I don't know exactly what they are made of, but especially during my ducks' first year laying, we would get light or dark gray globs, small ones, in some of the eggs.

I think it is something like epithelial tissue that is in the developing egg laying system.

I don't know exactly what they are made of, but especially during my ducks' first year laying, we would get light or dark gray globs, small ones, in some of the eggs.

I think it is something like epithelial tissue that is in the developing egg laying system.
Oh, so kinda like a blood spot for a duck?

Back
Top Bottom