Weird looking egg

mommy27kids

Hatching
May 20, 2016
Tn
My red sexlinks are 19 weeks old. I just started getting eggs about a week ago. I don't know who's laying but I think a second one just started because I've been finding one a day in the same nesting box every day until this morning. There was a very strange looking egg in the door way to the coop. It's like partly light brown and bleached white, and the shell feels rough. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture. The other eggs I've been getting are varying shades of brown . Is this a problem or just the result of an imature hen still getting cycled up?

It could very well be that this is caused by them being new layers. Sometimes they can take a while to get their egg laying machines in full working order. Here is a great article on egg quality problems that I'm sure you will find most helpful ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems

To upload a pic look for the mountain and moon Icon in your editor. It's the same for icon for both mobile and desktop versions of BYC.

Back
Top Bottom