Weird lump on cat spay incision

I'd be concerned that the inner stitches have given way and she is rupturing. The external/skin stitches have healed, and will probably hold, but I would get her to the veterinarian as soon as is possible.
Ok yeah I'll try to take her in tommarow, the vet is closed today

I don't usually post on here about cats but I cant get help anywhere else. My 6 month old kitten, Merry Gold, had her spay surgery on monday so about a week ago. There has been a hard lump on her belly and it's getting larger. I'm scared it will rip her stitches. It's also slightly red and I hope it's not infected. It is bigger than it looks in the picture. Going to a vet is possible but not for 2 days as today Is a weekend and tomorrow is a holiday and everything is closed.
Looks like an inguinal hernia or seroma. If its a hernia it should be seen to have it reduced either surgically or possibly manually. If its a seroma a drain may be needed. Worth having it checked out bc either option may need intervention

Looks like an inguinal hernia or seroma. If its a hernia it should be seen to have it reduced either surgically or possibly manually. If its a seroma a drain may be needed. Worth having it checked out bc either option may need intervention
Yeah, if the vet isnt booked tomorrow I'm gonna try to bring her in, or another option, which is less likely is I could take her to the spay clinic and let them see it. Do you think I should take her to the vet or let the spay clinic look at it?

I don't usually post on here about cats but I cant get help anywhere else. My 6 month old kitten, Merry Gold, had her spay surgery on monday so about a week ago. There has been a hard lump on her belly and it's getting larger. I'm scared it will rip her stitches. It's also slightly red and I hope it's not infected. It is bigger than it looks in the picture. Going to a vet is possible but not for 2 days as today Is a weekend and tomorrow is a holiday and everything is closed.
As long as she is eating and drinking well, and seems to feel ok, there is likely nothing to worry about. Sometimes a seroma will form under the skin closure and should resorb over time.

There isnt any drainage now but there was for 2 days after the surgery. Shes eating normally but I have to put water in her food or she wont drink it. I also give her wet food for more hydration. How do I check her temperature, do I have to buy an animal thermometer from the pet store
Just use the regular thermometer and put it in her rectum.

Back
Top Bottom