Weird question

Jul 22, 2021
I'm curious if menstruating can affect the behavior of chickens? I know lots of other animals have behavior changes when a menstruating woman comes near but has anyone noticed anything with their flock? I tried googling but no results came up. With my flock they normally run to greet me and are curious to inspect my clothes or shoes, idk what to call this but it's like they're preening me pecking off any little speck they find on me and then when that week comes every month they keep their distance from me and seem to not want anything to do with me. Idk if they can smell the change of hormones or maybe smell the blood and in the chicken world I'd be attracting predators so they instinctively keep away from me? I realize how silly this sounds but I can't figure out why they act so different the same time I get my period every month. Does anyone have any explanations for this?

I'm curious if menstruating can affect the behavior of chickens? I know lots of other animals have behavior changes when a menstruating woman comes near but has anyone noticed anything with their flock? I tried googling but no results came up. With my flock they normally run to greet me and are curious to inspect my clothes or shoes, idk what to call this but it's like they're preening me pecking off any little speck they find on me and then when that week comes every month they keep their distance from me and seem to not want anything to do with me. Idk if they can smell the change of hormones or maybe smell the blood and in the chicken world I'd be attracting predators so they instinctively keep away from me? I realize how silly this sounds but I can't figure out why they act so different the same time I get my period every month. Does anyone have any explanations for this?
Good question, I wish I knew the answer!

Back
Top Bottom